About our Camp: Each day kids will experience a new and exciting culinary adventure. They will learn essential cooking and baking techniques, knife skills and much more. Kids will be provided a lite breakfast and will prepare their own lunches as a group depending on daily curriculum. No need to bring anything, they will have plenty of goodies to eat throughout the day.
June 19th - June 23rd
8:30 am to 1:30 pm.
Kids ages 9 to 13.
Kids Camp Syllabus
Monday June 19, 2023- F&W Farmstead Welcome
- "All about the Farm" Talk and Field Trip. Sit with Mark Wieser and listen to the fun history, present and future of the Fischer and Wieser Orchard and farm. Visit the Peach Orchard, pick eggs at the Chicken coop and harvest vegetable from the garden. All will be used in your recipes throughout the week.
- Kitchen Orientation- Chef Amy will walk kids through the Teaching Kitchen and go over safety, equipment, essential cooking skills and go through menu of the day
- Prep Time- Kids will prepare mise en pace:
- French Toast from scratch with whip cream and served with Fischer and Wieser Jams, jellies, peach honey
- Home Style Bacon, and sausage
- Fruit Bar
- Freshly Squeezed Lemonade
- "Clean up Time"- Chef Amy will teach how to properly clear table and how to clean and re organize kitchen. They may even learn how to wash dishes,( shhhh...this is our secret).
Tuesday June 20, 2023 : “Taco Tuesday”
- Ingredient Scavenger Hunt
- Menu Discussion: Chef Amy will go over menu of the day and have open discuss of meal prep.
- Prep Time- Kids will prepare mise en place:
- Tortillas, charro bean, knife skills to prepare veggies in traditional Mexican styles, cook meats, and assemble bar
- Churro Bar - learn to make churros and ice cream
- Outdoor Fun
- Enjoy lunch
Wednesday June 21, 2023 Knife Skills and Sushi 101
- Mise en Place - Children will assemble easy to prepare cooked sushi rolls while continuing their knife education skills and techniques.
- Cup Cake building class.
- Lunch and Gigantic Games on Patio
Thursday June 22, 2023 Pizza University Class
- Salad and Pizza Buffet. Learn how to make pizza dough and turn farm picked tomatoes into marinara sauce. Knife skills test
- Ice Cream making and sundae bar.
Friday June 23, 2023 Graduation Day
- Learn to make house made hamburger buns and hot dog buns
- 11:30 Outdoor BBQ Lunch with Mom and Dad
- Graduation Ceremony Certificate and Aprons
- Smores by the lake.